The directorate coordinates and oversees all urban land and land related information system development in Ethiopia.
The tasks includes but not limited to:
- Coordinate the different stakeholders to participate in system analysis, design, and implementation activities.
- Support and assist all the regions and/or cities during land and land related requirement analysis development
- Support and assist all the regions and/or cities to develop a system design and specification that complies the national and international standards.
- Follows up the system development and implementation based on the approved requirement and design documents. .
- Study, analyze and propose how to scale-up land information system to other urban infrastructure and utilities Adopt and transfer Addis Ababa integrated land information system best practices to all regions and/or urban. .
- Adopt and formulate international best practices in field and prepare national standard